Hi neighbours. Daisy is famous for hanging out at Waitākere Hospital, but she's been missing from her Henderson home since Tuesday, January 12, leaving her owner and fans concerned. There has been no sight of her at her usual haunts in around the hospital since the day before. Anyone who has seen Daisy since then or ends up finding her, can contact her owner, Chelsea Smith, via the Daisy the Hospital Cat page: www.facebook.com...
Auckland has moved back to level 3 lockdown.
The rest of the country has moved to alert level 2.
Here's the latest update from Georgia Forrester at Stuff:
* There was undisclosed contact between a family member of case M's and another family during alert level 3, PM Jacinda Ardern has confirmed on Monday.
* One new community case, already in quarantine, was announced on Sunday evening.
* The new confirmed case, Case O, is a household contact of cases I, J, K and L
* Huge queues built up at Auckland-Waikato border on Sunday evening.
* Auckland has moved to alert level 3 for at least seven days.
* The rest of the country has moved to alert level 2. A reminder of what the alert levels mean can be read here.
* Here are the locations of interest visited by infectious cases:
* Travel in and out Auckland is restricted.
For more information, go to:
In my little neighbourhood alone, in the last few years, 6 x 3 bedroom houses have been replaced by 34 x 4 or 5 bedroom dwellings plus a 100 child industrial sized childcare centre with 3 floors of 2 person, shoebox sized boarding house rooms on top, with yet more single house sections earmarked for intensive developments. Developers should be charged a lot more to pay for all the extra infrastructure and water needed.
Obey just a few simple rules and we'd be fairly safe. As it is just one or two selfish people with either little intelligence and/or no respect for anyone go spreading the bug. They have no excuse and we should not be protecting their names with numbers. Anyone who deliberately ignores the simple rules should be named and shamed AND fined. Heavy fines were applied in Taiwan for just not wearing a mask. If self discipline is lacking it should be enforced. We are too darned soft. We are now in danger of going to lock down 4 and even becoming a little America and just because of a few who couldn't care.