It’s time to spring into action and prepare your perfect veggie garden.
See our September checklist to get started ☀️
* Sow Carrot and Parsnip seeds directly into weed-free beds.
* Sow Tomatoes, Zucchini, Cucumber, Basil, and Capsicum seeds into seedling trays inside.
* Plant grafted Tomato in a sheltered, warm spot such as a greenhouse or in a moveable pot.
* Plant potatoes, but make sure they’re starting to sprout first.
* Prepare new beds and improve your soil by forking the soil and adding Kings Compost, Kings Sheep Pellets and Nature’s Organic Fertiliser.
Find out more information via the link
Act now to beat the water shortage:
• Install a rainwater tank (resource consent fees waived).
• Maintain your tank (check guttering is clear).
• Install water saving devices (shower head/taps).
• Install a water sensor to monitor your usage.
Due to the long weekend, the council's kerbside collections will be one day later from 26 – 31 October.
Kia ora neighbours, if you’ve ever dreamed of having an image of New Zealand First leader Winston Peters wearing a cowboy hat, proudly hanging in your living room, now’s your chance to make it a reality. An artwork of Peters, created using coffee, red wine and tea is for sale on Trade Me. The current bid is almost $300, would you buy this?