A deteriorating noodle sculpture in Balmoral will be decommissioned due to its poor state.
OnDo! was installed in 2015 by artist Seung Yul Oh as a temporary public art work, and divided public opinion at the time.
The artwork depicts noodles being pulled from the roadworks rubble.
It will be removed on September 30 as materials are deteriorating. Are you happy to see it go?
48.9% Yes48.9% Complete
51.1% No51.1% Complete
Stewart Harvey, Principal Trustee at Public Trust Waikato, says "seizing the moment" is essential so things aren't left to chance - and it's easier than you think. Stewart had a chat with Stuff.co.nz recently, check out the article in the link below.
Hi Neighbours – Summer is here! And we have a new Kāpiti Ice Cream store in Mission Bay. Come down tomorrow for our grand opening (10th December).
To celebrate we have this great launch deal running between 3pm – 9pm.
Buy any Kāpiti scoop ice cream and get one Free!
That’s right neighbours, invite your friends and family down and enjoy some delicious NZ made Kāpiti Ice Cream on the beach here at Mission Bay this summer! 61 Tamaki drive Mission Bay
New Nordic Cuisine had redefined the food culture of Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Iceland and Finland.
Our own Chef Finn is from Denmark and spent his formative years working in Michelin star rated restaurants including working as Sous Chef for legendary Noma chef, Rene Redzepi.
This menu is inspired by Chef Finn’s Nordic heritage.
"We work with local high quality ingredients to combine good taste in food with contemporary culinary techniques,” says Chef Finn.
Here are some photos of the dishes our Diploma students prepared and served.
1. Tartare of Trevalli on Rye bread with pickled beetroot, sorrel and brown butter siphon.
2. Salmon served with a compote of tomatoes, oil of chervil and crispy onion rings.
3. Pigeon Bay Lamb rump, sous vide with buttermilk foam & beef jus.
4. Salad of raw cabbage, kale with mushroom and pickled red onion dressing
5. Terrine of pork served with Granny Smith apple puree & leek, mustard vinaigrette & tarragon.
6. Guests seated with Franck