Omelettes are essentially a version of scrambled eggs but they have been left to rest and coagulate so that the pan side is firm. Some people prefer firm omelettes, others like to have the egg a little runny so that it retains that soft, silky consistency also known as baveuse.
1 pinch Salt
½ tsp Butter, or a splash of good quality olive oil
1. In a bowl whisk the eggs. Add salt.
2. Heat the butter in a frying pan (non-stick is easier) until it is just beginning to brown and has a nutty smell. Let it run around the pan so that it is well coated.
3. Pour in the egg mix. With your rubber spatula, constantly lift and scoop around the edges and cut through the middle of the egg mixture to cook evenly.
4. If you are adding a filling to the omelette, it should be done at this point.
5. Roll or fold the omelette by folding one half on the other, or fold one third on the middle third and then roll on the remaining third.
Prior to folding, you can add a filling to lift the flavour of the omelette.
Classic combinations include:
Blanched spinach (with cream)
A combination of finely chopped herbs such as chives, chervil, parsley, tarragon
When Francis Swart’s home-based Auckland skin and beauty business “Gorgeous You” experienced a period of rapid growth, she realised it was time to expand into a larger space.
After experiencing the run-around from traditional lenders, she came across Prospa on social media. They provided her with the funds she needed to open a new salon premises and do a complete fit out and refresh, all with an easy-to-manage weekly repayment plan that suited business cash flow.
Next step for Francis is to work with a business coach to grow the business further – and Prospa will be right alongside her.
We hope at this time of year you are getting close to having a break and a well deserved holiday.
If gift-giving is a bother then Relianz Forex Limited is your solution to holiday headaches. Send money to your loved ones overseas so they can buy their own presents with no complaint!
Take advantage of our Fee Free Days* when you do so or call us now at 0508 411 111 for any information!
*Sri Lanka Fee Free Transfer Monday
India Fee Free Tuesday & Thursday
Pakistan Fee Free Wednesday
*First 3 Money Transfers Fee Free to Philippines