Planning your weekend binge recipe?
Try this Paprika Mayonnaise recipe to go with perfectly grilled burgers or even chips!
Paprika Mayonnaise (Makes approx. 150 ml)
1 egg yolk (room temperature)
1 pinch salt
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoons vinegar or lemon juice
125 ml canola oil (room temperature)
1 teaspoon paprika powder
1. Place the yolk in a clean bowl.
2. Whisk in the salt and the lemon juice or vinegar, mustard.
3. While continuing to whisk, start pouring in oil, drop by drop.
4. Once the emulsion has begun to form, start adding the oil in a steady thin stream, whisking constantly.
5. When the sauce is thick, check seasoning.
6. Add one teaspoon paprika powder.
7. To thin, whisk in a little warm water or more vinegar.
Mayonnaise may curdle there is too much oil, or if is added too quickly, or if the mixture is under-whisked. However, a curdled emulsion can be rescued by very gradually whisking it into either a fresh egg yolk or a spoonful of boiling water in a clean bowl.
To avoid oily-tasting mayonnaise use fresh oil which does not have a strong flavour. Canola and rice bran oil are two examples.
Hi Neighbours, Auckland Council is looking to reduce the number of ratepayer funded carparks enjoyed by senior managers. It's down from 77 to 49. Is the council right to consider offering ATHOP cards instead? Read the story below:
Are your wiper blades streaking, squeaking or skipping? Tridon Wiper Blades are now available at Beaurepaires!
For a limited time, Beaurepaires Club Members get 50% off windscreen cleaning fluid with every wiper blade purchased!
Not in the Beaurepaires Club yet? No problem, join today at beaurepaires.co.nz/beaurepaires-club and collect this great deal!