1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short – enjoy it.
4. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and family will.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don't have to win every argument. Stay true to yourself.
7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.
8. It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.
12. It's OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye, but don't worry, God never blinks.
16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
17. Get rid of anything that isn't useful. Clutter weighs you down in many ways.
18. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.
19. It's never too late to be happy. But it's all up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important sex organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words 'In five years, will this matter?'
27. Always choose life.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn't do.
35. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
36. Growing old beats the alternative of dying young.
37. Your children get only one childhood.
38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.
41. Envy is a waste of time. Accept what you already have, not what you need
42. The best is yet to come...
43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
45. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
By Regina Brett
Our gardens are getting smaller, so NZ Gardener wants to come up with some suggestions for edible crops that do well in pots and small spaces! Suggest the crops that have done well for you (ideally specify a variety) and tell other keen gardeners how you grew them, how they performed for you, and any practical advice you would pass on to ensure a great result with that crop, and any secret tips you are prepared to pass on! If your tip is used in the magazine, you'll receive a free copy... And of course the glory of being in New Zealand's favourite gardening magazine! Click on the link to send us your best tips.
We’re giving back another million dollars to community groups and projects in West Auckland, and you could be next.
If your community group needs some extra financial help, then apply to be a part of this year’s Million Dollar Mission. But hurry, entries close on September 27 so there’s not much time left to submit your application! Apply for your share now.
To the lovely powers that be at Neighbourly.co.nz,
As the Rugby World Cup will have so many Kiwis on the edge of their seats and also going to work all bleary eyed - haha - how about bringing back the 'add a flag to your profile back' please to get everyone all excited again?
Just like we had last time - see pic below
I miss the pins to profile option for all of those special occasions e.g. A.N.Z.A.C., Christmas, Waitangi Day, Waster, Sport events etc ...
Something to consider - yes?