1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short – enjoy it.
4. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and family will.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don't have to win every argument. Stay true to yourself.
7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.
8. It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.
12. It's OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye, but don't worry, God never blinks.
16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
17. Get rid of anything that isn't useful. Clutter weighs you down in many ways.
18. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.
19. It's never too late to be happy. But it's all up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important sex organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words 'In five years, will this matter?'
27. Always choose life.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn't do.
35. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
36. Growing old beats the alternative of dying young.
37. Your children get only one childhood.
38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.
41. Envy is a waste of time. Accept what you already have, not what you need
42. The best is yet to come...
43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
45. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
By Regina Brett
So here's an eye opener....finished lunch, but didn't finish the plate since food was too oily at Henderson mall. This early 20's kid came to me and asked for change, I refused for obvious reasons.Then next he asked for my LEFT OVERS on the plate so he can have something to eat!!!!!......Man what in the actual ....!!! The regret I felt for that young man went to the core. Imagine his self respect,in his youth,his future,his friends......
Straight up, what I saw was that we have failed as a whole to take care of each other, failure of politicians and governments,failure in making a better future for the younger generation or any other generation for that matter😔
And of course this is why we should NEVER throw away food. Here's a good reason for myself and everyone else to remember!!!
Someone please point me towards where I can be a help to people that's struggling to find ends meet or to have a meal or where we can help the up and coming generations.
The local elections are a great opportunity to decide on who we want to represent our communities over the next three years. With elections just around the corner, this is a good time to pinpoint the issues that affect you and are important to you.
Being clear on this is a first step in knowing what you want your local councillors to support or who to vote for. What are the issues you want your next local council to focus on?
21.6% Rates21.6% Complete
17.1% Housing17.1% Complete
12.5% Roads12.5% Complete
16% Public transport16% Complete
2.8% Water2.8% Complete
4.7% Waste4.7% Complete
9.2% Climate + environment9.2% Complete
11.1% Infrastructure11.1% Complete
5% Local facilities (like parks and libraries)5% Complete
This is to all people who live down in Stephen Ave, Kona Cres, Poinsettia Place, and the Upper Half of Lincoln Road, from the start Kingdale Rd, and passed Pomaria Rd upwards (you know I am meaning)
I do apologise to all who have received their newspapers quite late last week. I was quite sick on Monday and Tuesday and came down with a horrible cold and quite chesty. Still not 100% but will be able to do normal deliveries this week as best as I can. I have been able to drink a lot of lemon drink like Lift or when I get the chance, I will mix some Raro juice sachets (put for eg two lemonade raro sachets in a 3 litre bottle) with some actual squeezed lemons with water to fill up the bottle, to mix the juice together and drink when ready.