In 2019, French teenager Eloi Rolland arrived in New Zealand to study. He partied, got a job and made friends. But six months later he disappeared without a trace. A year on, police say “his fate remains unknown” and his case looks set to be referred to the coroner. Caroline Williams reports.
During his time in Auckland, Rolland went to the zoo, enjoyed nights out, worked at a popular bar, dabbled in modelling and, with friends, visited Piha on the rugged west coast.
Before his disappearance, Rolland expressed to his family that he wished to visit Piha again, and on March 6 last year, he did just that.
He has not been seen or heard from since.
“Each day we feel more and more worried and more helpless," his father Thierry Rolland tells Stuff.
Click 'read more' for our full report.
Mildew and mould spores have long been recognised as a serious health hazard. Protect your family’s health and have your curtains cleaned the experts at Textile Curtain Cleaning.
We know how to remove unsightly stains, mildew and mould spores that leave your curtains and blinds looking less than their best. Because your window furnishings are valuable, and must be carefully maintained, you can trust our experienced team to professionally clean your curtains, drapes and blinds.
We are specialists in mildew and stain removal from curtains and blinds (Roman & Austrian blinds included).
Open Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm, Saturday 9am – 12pm, for your convenience.
Temporary curtains available at no charge!
Call us on 09 473 5350.
This kwila decking is going to be unlifted soon . ANY good to anyone. Maybe for outdoor fire or whatever . Free pm me if interested before it goes in the bin. Cheers diane
Work on constructing the new roundabout at the intersection of Coronation Road and Archers Road begins the night of Friday 16 April, and will continue until 5am Monday 26 April (weather dependent).
During this time, the entire intersection will be closed 24/7 and detours will be in place.
Access will be provided for local residents AND shoppers to the Coronation Road shops.
Footpaths will remain open at all times, however you may need to cross the road at times.
* Coronation Road will be closed from Glenfield Rd/Coronation Rd roundabout (except for shoppers and residents up to 10 and 21 Coronation Road).
* Coronation Road will be closed from Mountbatten Ave (except for residents up to 27 and 22 Coronation Road).
* Archers Road will be closed from Agincourt Street.
Temporary bus stops:
* Bus stop (ID 3958) at 6 Coronation Rd will be closed. Use the temporary bus stop located at 283 Glenfield Rd.
* Bus stop (ID: 3827) at 3 Coronation Rd will be closed. Use the temporary bus stops located at 278 Glenfield Rd or 283 Glenfield Rd.
* Bus stop (ID: 3956) at 66 Coronation Rd (opp Mountbatten Ave) will be closed. Use the temporary bus stop (ID: 3954) at 90 Coronation Rd (opp Lynden Ave).
While the road closures will remain 24/7, physical works will be from 7am to 7pm (with some some night works scheduled).