Know what’s happening
Access the private noticeboard for verified neighbours near you. Keep informed about any suspicious activity, send urgent updates to your neighbours when required and discuss emergency planning.
Get to know your neighbours
Browse the directory and start getting to know your neighbours. Don’t want to post to the whole neighbourhood? Send a private message.
Buy, sell and give away
Want to declutter your garage? Buy some used household items? Give away some garden stuff? Become a verified neighbour to browse and post items for sale. Trading is simple when everyone lives nearby.
Thank you for using Neighbourly
You may receive an email confirmation for any offer you selected. The associated companies will contact you directly to activate your requests.
14-28 September 2019
Photospace Gallery, 1st Floor, 37 Courtenay Place
This year, DCM is celebrating 50 years of working in the city of Wellington to “focus on the needs of, and to help empower, those marginalised in the city.” (DCM Constitution, 1969). For the last 15 … View more14-28 September 2019
Photospace Gallery, 1st Floor, 37 Courtenay Place
This year, DCM is celebrating 50 years of working in the city of Wellington to “focus on the needs of, and to help empower, those marginalised in the city.” (DCM Constitution, 1969). For the last 15 years, DCM has adopted the by-line “together we can end homelessness in Wellington” which reflects:
- our current focus on the needs of this key marginalised group – people experiencing homelessness, or who are at risk of homelessness, supporting them on a journey towards sustainable housing and wellbeing. DCM has supported literally hundreds of people to successfully exit homelessness and sustain housing.
- “together” – the many individuals and groups within our city who are very much part of our work. Here are just a few examples:
- the dentists who volunteer their time at the DCM Dental Service
- the local food (for example, Pandoro, Kaibosh) and coffee (for example, Mojo’s) businesses and chefs (for example Rex Morgan, Wellington Chefs Association, Good Bitches Baking and Press Hall food-court) who make it possible for us to offer kai and hospitality to those we work with
- the creative professionals (designers, writers and photographers)
- many Wellington faith communities, who donate money, food for our foodbank and their time and skills as volunteers
- other health professionals (audiologist, eye doctor and physiotherapist)
- the people of Wellington who are involved in so, so many ways (they volunteer, donate and buy books at the iconic annual DCM Bookfair, become regular donors, offer their time and skills, bring in food donations, etc).
All of these individuals and groups have found practical ways to be part of our work.
We experience Wellington as a place where people genuinely want to be part of the solution to homelessness.
Our 50th birthday celebrations are focussed on this “together” and lifting up the people and communities who are part of the response to homelessness in our city. A high point will be our 50th birthday photo exhibition in September 2019. This will feature 50 different images each reflecting the contribution of one kaitautoko (supporter) group, business or individual. A number of different Wellington photographers will contribute these images, and the celebration will again be a coming together of the people of Wellington to acknowledge and reconfirm our collective commitment to ending homelessness in our city.
Make a note in your diaries – plan to head down to Photospace to see the beautiful images and learn more about the amazing people in your community who are part of this vision. And have a think about how you might like to be involved too. Because TOGETHER, we CAN end homelessness in our city.
Nāku te rourou, nāu te rourou, ka ora ai te iwi. With your basket and my basket, the people will thrive.
DCM’s 24th annual, fundraising Bookfair will be held on Saturday 17 August 2019 at Shed 6, Queen’s Wharf, from 8am-6pm.
DCM works with people in the city of Wellington who are experiencing homelessness, supporting them to find and sustain housing, and to journey to wellbeing. We have adopted … View moreDCM’s 24th annual, fundraising Bookfair will be held on Saturday 17 August 2019 at Shed 6, Queen’s Wharf, from 8am-6pm.
DCM works with people in the city of Wellington who are experiencing homelessness, supporting them to find and sustain housing, and to journey to wellbeing. We have adopted the byline “together we can end homelessness” which reflects the many people in our city who are part of our work – from the dentists who volunteer time at the DCM Dental Service to the many Wellingtonians who love and support our iconic annual DCM Bookfair.
This year DCM is celebrating its 50th birthday, and we are holding our 24th DCM Bookfair. With some 70,000 books, as well as vinyl, CDs and DVDs, it is an event that all Wellington book lovers look forward to. Mark the date in your diary – Saturday 17 August – come along with a group of friends and take the opportunity to enjoy brunch and a catch-up together while you are in the city. The local cafés are often full of our supporters browsing through their purchases or fuelling up before they head to the Bookfair. It’s a great day out and, even better, an opportunity to be part of the solution to homelessness in our city.
And as people who love to read, you will enjoy reading the uplifting stories we share on our website – about the success that your support makes possible – visit www.dcm.org.nz...
Because together we CAN end homelessness in our city.
Details about where you can donate books can be found here: www.dcm.org.nz...
Are you sure? Deleting this message permanently removes it from the Neighbourly website.
© Neighbourly 2024