Here in our community we have a Neighbourhood Support network and we would like you to be a part of it.
Why do we have these groups?
- To strengthen community spirit
- To provide a means for residents to meet and develop a caring and secure environment for everyone
- To prevent the occurrence of crime in the neighbourhood
- To provide a common voice on dealing with local issues such as rubbish, traffic problems, graffiti, street lighting etc.
- To better deal with and survive civil emergencies
How does it work?
It’s all about being a great neighbour by:
- Welcoming new neighbours as they move in and inviting them to join the group
- Responding to and reporting suspicious behaviour to the Police first and also to each other
- Employing sensible security habits
- Looking out for each other