All regions in New Zealand, except for the Auckland region, will move to Alert Level 2 at 12 noon on Wednesday 12 August 2020
• Keep your distance from other people in public.
• Wash your hands.
• Sneeze and cough into your elbow.
• Keep a track of where you’ve been and who you’ve seen
wear a mask if you can.
• If you’re sick, stay home. Don’t go to work or school. Don’t socialise.
• If you have symptoms of cold or flu call your doctor or Healthline and get advice about being tested.
• If you have been told to self-isolate you must do so immediately.
• All aged care facilities will close their doors to everyone but staff from noon today.
• For real time news updates visit Stuff
Today is the International Day of Older Persons! It's an important day for everyone to recognize and say thank you to older people for their amazing contributions to the world, from mentoring and volunteering, to sharing experience, being in paid work and much more.
To acknowledge the occasion, we have just released our October SuperSeniors Newsletter, you can read it here: bit.ly...
The day is also special as it marks the start of the WHO’s Decade of Healthy Ageing 2020 to 2030, you can find out more about it here: bit.ly...
Only a few hundred years ago, millions of kiwi roamed Aotearoa. Today, New Zealand is home to around 70,000 kiwi, and despite efforts that number drops by 2% every year.
Save Kiwi Month is an annual celebration of all things kiwi. Join the Kiwis for kiwi Neighbourly group to learn about our national icon, find out about kiwi conservation efforts around the country, and find out how you can help make a difference to the kiwi population from the comfort of your own home >>> www.neighbourly.co.nz...
Reusable coffee cup manufacturer Biopak has issued a recall for some products, due to the possibility of part of the cup detaching when liquid is present.
The Ministry of Business, Innovation & Employment (MBIE) issued the recall on September 30, advising people to stop using it immediately as a user could be burnt or scalded.
What you need to know:
- Contact Biopak or ring 0800 246 725 to get a refund on faulty items.
- The products were sold from January 2013 to September 2020
- All resuable coffee cups (8oz, 12oz, 16oz) in plain green or white should be
returned to Biopak.
- Those with custom names “SexieCoffie”, “Columbit”, “Echo”, “Hedland”, “Crop to Cup” or “Home Grain”. Should be returned immediately.
To find out more about this recall, see the government recall website.