1. Water filtration can provide better tasting and better smelling drinking water by removing chlorine, chemicals, pesticides, heavy metals and bacterial contaminants.
2. Point-of-use water filters remove lead from drinking water immediately prior to consumption, thus preventing this harmful substance from entering the body.
3. The purchase of a counter-top filter results in a source of clean, healthy water that costs much less than expensive bottled water and reduce toxic waste in the environment.
4. Water filters greatly reduce the risk of certain cancers including: rectal cancer, colon cancer, and bladder cancer by removing chlorine and chlorine byproducts such as Trihalomethanes (THMs) from drinking water.
5. A carbon water filter can selectively remove dangerous contaminants from drinking water while retaining healthy mineral deposits that balance the pH of drinking water.
6. Drinking clean, filtered water protects the body from disease and leads to overall greater health and energy.
7. A water filter provides clean, healthy water for cooking, as well as drinking, at the convenience of tap water.
8. Water filters reduce the risk of gastrointestinal disease by more than 80 percent by removing cryptosporidium, e-coli and giardia from drinking water.
9. Drinking pure water is especially important for children. Water filters provide the healthiest water for children’s developing immune systems.
10. Water filters offer the last line of defence between the body and the over 2100 known toxins that may be present in drinking water.
Pick up of your old/broken/unwanted things. (copied from facebook)
Most items $15 each - fridges, upright freezers, washing machines, dryers, dishwashers, ovens, hot water cylinders, bbqs etc. $20 for chest freezers and double door fridges.
Raumati to Otaki urban areas (rural maybe extra)
Or let me know if you have any other metal items that u need removed.
Pm me to arrange Alyce Dixon www.facebook.com...
We have come together with our mates at Newbolds Upper Hutt and are giving away a: Boston Acoustic Stereo worth $599.
1. 👍 Like/follow our page
2. 👍 Like this post (tag and share if you wish)
3. 🎅 Comment below … What is your favourite Christmas Carol?
For more entries be sure to visit to our sister papers on both Neighbourly and Facebook.
Entry to the competition runs for 24 hours and prizes will be drawn the following day. Winners must collect prize within 3 working days, or Stuff may redraw the prize. Only open to New Zealand residents, and no current employees of Stuff may apply. Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable nor redeemable for cash. This competition is organised in its entirety by Stuff Ltd and is not associated with Facebook in any way. Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Following the storm on Sunday 8 December we are assessing and collating all of the information and data we received.
This information is important as it helps us understand the impact events like this have on the network. You may see our crews out over the next few days investigating the impact and clearing stormwater drains.
If you experienced flooding within your property (inside your house) during Sunday’s event please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the details and any photos showing the flood water.