I'm working on a travel story for Stuff about the things that have surprised returning Kiwis about New Zealand. If you have recently returned from overseas or know someone who has, it would be great to hear about the things that have stood out for you, for better or for worse. Whether it's to do with the weather, the cost of things, the public transport, the food, the housing, the people or something else entirely, we'd be keen to hear about it. Please remember that your comment may be included in the article, unless you say you don't want it to be. Thank you.
On Tuesday night, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern announced there were four new Covid-19 cases in the community.
Auckland moved into level 3 at midday on Wednesday, and the rest of the country into level 2.
Kiwis outside of Auckland can still continue to go to work and school, with physical distancing, and are advised to wear masks in public.
Businesses can open to the public if they are following public health guidance, which includes physical distancing and record keeping.
In terms of gatherings, New Zealanders must not travel to events with more than 100 people. This includes weddings, birthdays, funerals and tangihanga.
The Government advises all Kiwis to practise good hygiene and stay home if sick.
For more information on what the different alert levels mean for you, click here.
We will be closing our New Zealand care centres to all visitors from 10am on Wednesday August 12 following the re-emergence of COVID-19 in the community in Auckland, and Level 2 Alert level in the remainder of New Zealand.
All regions in New Zealand, except for the Auckland region, will move to Alert Level 2 at 12 noon on Wednesday 12 August 2020.
• Keep your distance from other people in public.
• Wash your hands.
• Sneeze and cough into your elbow.
• Keep a track of where you’ve been and who you’ve seen
wear a mask if you can.
• If you’re sick, stay home. Don’t go to work or school. Don’t socialise.
• If you have symptoms of cold or flu call your doctor or Healthline and get advice about being tested.
• If you have been told to self-isolate you must do so immediately.
• All aged care facilities will close their doors to everyone but staff from noon today.
• For real time news updates visit Stuff