New Nordic Cuisine had redefined the food culture of Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Iceland and Finland.
Our own Chef Finn is from Denmark and spent his formative years working in Michelin star rated restaurants including working as Sous Chef for legendary Noma chef, Rene Redzepi.
This menu is inspired by Chef Finn’s Nordic heritage.
"We work with local high quality ingredients to combine good taste in food with contemporary culinary techniques,” says Chef Finn.
Here are some photos of the dishes our Diploma students prepared and served.
1. Tartare of Trevalli on Rye bread with pickled beetroot, sorrel and brown butter siphon.
2. Salmon served with a compote of tomatoes, oil of chervil and crispy onion rings.
3. Pigeon Bay Lamb rump, sous vide with buttermilk foam & beef jus.
4. Salad of raw cabbage, kale with mushroom and pickled red onion dressing
5. Terrine of pork served with Granny Smith apple puree & leek, mustard vinaigrette & tarragon.
6. Guests seated with Franck
Is there someone special who has done something that's really 'Made a Difference' for you or your family - someone you'd like to see receive a little reward? 🙂
They will also receive a beautiful bunch of flowers from the awesome Mel at Love Flowers, Helensville 💐
Send in your nominations to me - simply go to my web page nickyhorsbrough.harcourts.co.nz... and click on the 'Making the Difference' tab to fill out the form or write to me at 92 Commercial Road, Helensville.
Have a lovely weekend
Enjoy your weekend! 🙂💙