We come across garages of all shapes and sizes but the common theme amongst them all is they are a well over used storage area that often becomes a dumping ground.
Here's our ten step programme to help you declutter your garage and make it a more useable space:
Drink (alcoholic if its after 12pm and you're not driving to the dump!) Snacks (unhealthier the better, you're going to burn loads of calories)
Radio or stereo with some great tunes
Trailer or skip (optional)
Mates (optional but highly recommended to help you)
1) Choose a fine day with no rain forecast (almost impossible in Auckland right?!)
2) Move everything out of the garage and create piles outside with signs (ie Dump, Charity, Mum and Dad's house etc)
3) Ring your kids and tell them they have 2 hours to collect all the stuff you've been storing at your place since they left home!
4) Be ruthless and throw out as you go. If you haven't used it in the last 12 months you aren't going to. Don't kid yourself, you're not going to start cleaning your car now if you haven't done it in over a year! (Your poor car, but at least there will be room for her in the garage now)
5) The items that are staying, group together (ie sports gear, automotive gear, gardening tools, pet supplies)
6) Use your storage containers if and where possible. Label them clearly so you can see at a glance where things are located. Cupboards are great as well.
7) Sweep out or vaccum if you already have garage carpet. If you don't, call us while your garage is empty and we will carpet it for you within the day! If you tell us you saw our "De-clutter" post we will give you a 10% discount :-)
8) Put everything back into the garage in a orderly fashion. Try to keep the theme and put similar things near each other.
9) Sit down on your clean garage floor and give yourself a pat on the back!
10) Send us your before and after photos and be in to win the prize for Best Transformation!
Hi Neighbours, It might be raining but the record dry which is depleting Auckland's water supply is not going away in a hurry. Is it "just a dought?": Read the story below:
Kia ora Auckland, it's time to dust off that old camera, get out and about and show the rest of your neighbours your favourite, treasured spots in your region. It could be an awesome view, the shy wildlife or even the old buildings that are wanting their stories to be told.
Go ahead, get snapping and illustrate what's beyond your backyard.
Post your photographs in the comments below ⬇️
Give us a call to set up an obligation-free, cost-free curriculum evaluation so that we can get the year back on track for your children.