Movember is an opportunity for men to ditch their razors and grow a moustache to raise money and awareness about men's health. The funds raised each year go towards programmes targeted at prostate cancer, testicular cancer, mental health and suicide prevention.
Are you currently taking part in Movember? If so, we'd love to see pics of your 'stache! Share in the comments!
Another year has nearly passed, and with every new one comes the chance to make new resolutions (or repeat your old ones). Whether it’s starting and sticking by a new fitness plan, saving to travel, or learning a new skill, do you have a New Year’s resolution? How good are you at sticking by it? Vote in the poll below.
0% Yes - I’m excited to implement it0% Complete
0% No - I never stick by them0% Complete
0% I haven’t thought about it yet0% Complete
0% I make goals throughout the year0% Complete
With Christmas fast approaching, it is a good time to stop and think about how we can manage Christmas in a more environmentally friendly way. Some thoughts are:
* Choose gifts with as little packaging as possible, or have
* Choose gifts in glass, paper or cardboard rather than plastic.
* Use recycled or recyclable wrapping when possible.
* Wrap gifts in a nice tea towel or handkerchief tied with a
ribbon or non-plastic string so the packaging is also useful.
* Give gifts that support people to make change such as a
nice takeaway coffee cup, glass or metal storage containers,
metal drink bottles, beeswax wrappers, useful carry bags, etc.
* Give a food hamper in a basket or box.
* Make homemade gifts that are edible or useful.
* Don't prepare more food than is required, and use or freeze
* Use paper plates and wooden cutlery, rather than plastic, if not
using proper plates and cutlery.
Happy Christmas everyone.