A scrub fire caused by fallen powerlines on Thursday has ripped through 100 hectares overnight, leaving 11 people without power.
Four helicopters, 20 rural firefighters and a 12 tonne digger were working on the blaze and were hoping to have it under control by 4.30pm on Friday. It comes as mapping by NIWA revealed soils were "extremely" drier than normal and drought conditions were evident in some parts of Northland.
(Photo credit: FENZ)
Cori Maroroa knows first hand just how good the #KiwiCan programme is for kids. After all, Maroroa loved it when she went through it a primary school as a student.
Now she is helping new generations of primary school students benefit from the same programme as one of its senior leaders.
4pm today from 234A Pukepoto Rd. It was last seen flying over C Bec on Pukeppto Rd.
It's a Alexanderine Parrot answers to the name Rusty. Can say several words. Morena, Karen, what you doing, Give us a call on 094081267 thanks heaps. We've prayed off course for safety return.
The summer months are the perfect time for entertaining friends and family, and whether it’s a dinner party or BBQ, good food will always be on the menu. But, did you know that half of all food poisoning occurs in the home? Follow the three simple Cs – clean, cook, chill to avoid getting ill this summer. We all want to keep our friends and families safe, so remember these easy steps while cooking.
Check out foodsafety.govt.nz/ccc for handy food safety tips.