An article I read in the local news today was headlined 'raising a future Eco-warrior', talking about parents raising their kids to be climate change activists.
Anyone see the problem with that? In case you don't, let me wax lyrical here for a bit.
1. Climate change is nonsense; none of the 'scientific research' the proponents recite has ever been published in a refereed scientific journal, nor has any of it survived international peer review.
2. There is no reliable, established metric for measuring this claim and no testing protocols that can be confirmed by independent sources.
3. The so called 'climate deniers' counter argument has some rather heavyweight contributors; most notably Dr Ivar Giaever, the winner of the 1973 Nobel Prize for Physics, who said "climate change is nothing but pseudo-science".
4. "Reduction of CO2 emissions" - CO2 is a harmless natural gas that is essential for life on this planet; plants cannot survive without it and the current levels in the atmosphere (300-400 ppm) are close to a starvation diet for vegetation. The less CO2 they get, the less Oxygen they produce.
4. The self-appointed leaders and spokespeople of this doomsayers cult have admitted openly that their ambitions have little to do with climate change:
"The climate crisis is not just about the environment. It's a crisis of human rights, of justice and of political will. Colonial, racist and Patriarchal systems of oppression have created and fueled it. We need to dismantle them all."
- Greta Thunberg, the know-nothing brat currently being touted as an expert on the matter.
Notice the use of incredibly nebulous terms such as 'Patriachal'. 'Patriarchy' being the fictional, all-male secret society invented by militant feminists in attempt to lend credence to their 'us and them' mentality.
If only Greta were a lone, crazy loud mouth. She is not. The proponents themselves repeat all the same neo-Marxist talking points: the 'evil' of capitalism, wealth redistribution, insane taxes inflicted on the wealthy etc. ergo obviously the movement is Socialism is disguise.
Do your own thinking and DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE.
Need somewhere to put your feet up when relaxing outside out can’t find anything to suit your place?
Why not create your own ottoman like this one made out of an old car tyre and paint it in a Resene colour to match your colour scheme.
Make the most of this weekend with this easy step by step project idea from Resene. Follow these easy step by step instructions to create your own.