Water-saving tips to help you reduce your water use
- Water early morning or late evening to prevent 70% of water evaporating.
- Give your plants a good long soak twice a week rather than a short daily water. You will encourage deeper, healthier roots.
- Use a digital water timer with a rain sensor– it switches on only when needed.
- Use a cover to prevent evaporation and keep the water warm
- Keep your pool clean, wipe your feet before you jump in.
Play your part. We value wai in the Waikato.
For more water saving tips visit www.smartwater.org.nz/tips
The weather's looking up this week, the perfect time to take a trip to Raglan and cool off. But things could get heated on the drive out as locals get increasingly agitated by motorists who are unfamiliar with the windy route.
Do you use SH23 much? Do you think it needs work? Or do attitudes need to change? Read more here
66.7% Yes66.7% Complete
31.6% No31.6% Complete
1.8% Not sure1.8% Complete
Another year has nearly passed, and with every new one comes the chance to make new resolutions (or repeat your old ones). Whether it’s starting and sticking by a new fitness plan, saving to travel, or learning a new skill, do you have a New Year’s resolution? How good are you at sticking by it? Vote in the poll below.
5.1% Yes - I’m excited to implement it5.1% Complete
41% No - I never stick by them41% Complete
15.4% I haven’t thought about it yet15.4% Complete
38.5% I make goals throughout the year38.5% Complete