OPPORTUNITY 🙌🏼 Are you a change-maker in your community and looking to join an awesome social movement?
We might have the perfect role for you!
Neighbours Day Aotearoa (NDA) is looking for a community-minded people to activate the Neighbours Day kaupapa through their existing networks and connections. We are looking for 13 Neighbours Day Aotearoa Connectors to join the team and help us activate NDA across the motu.
What the role could involve?
- Meeting with a community local group and encouraging them to hold an event
- Visiting a local library to drop off posters
- Spreading the Neighbours Day Aotearoa message at your local Marae
- Chatting with people in the street and encouraging them to do something neighbourly
- Stopping by the community garden to let them know about the Neighbours Day theme for 2022
We have a dedicated team that will work alongside you and training is provided. www.neighboursday.org.nz...
Just 66 residential properties were sold in Marlborough last month, down 23.8 per cent on September last year. The median house price was $650,000, up from $530,000, 12 months before. Are you one of the hopeful house-hunters? How are you finding the market?
Entries are open for this year’s Sunday Star-Times short story awards.
The awards include open, emerging Māori and Pasifika writers, and under-25 years categories and will be judged by some of New Zealand’s best authors.
The winning story will be published in the Sunday Star-Times and on Stuff. Entries close Friday 22 October.
Here's a cool idea for communicating with your neighbours without technology or breaching alert level rules...
Each household gets 3 pieces of coloured paper that can be displayed in a window or on a door that others can easily see.
- Green is for I'm OK
- Yellow is for needing help or a check-in
- Red is for an emergency
This is a safe and simple way let others know how you're doing while also looking out for others in your community.