Staff Wanted. Chef Manager
We are looking for a Chef Manager to join our team!
About Us: Kawai Purapura is a busy retreat centre in Albany, Auckland. It is a bustling centre for its 90 residents, 30 international volunteers, retreat guests, yoga training students, community classes, venue hire, and festivals. It houses bush walks, swimming pool, spa and sauna and is a place of peace and tranquillity for its many visitors.
Our Chef Manager is a key position at Kawai Purapura, performing as in the Café as a head chef, barista, managing catering for our retreats and training and supervising a team of kitchen staff helpers. The role is scheduled across the week with days and hour to be negotiated. It is a busy role that requires a lot of attention and passion for natural food (we have a vegetarian kitchen!) The Chef Manager should have experience with hospitality food service, staff management and a great customer service attitude. We are seeking an individual who can remain calm under pressure, is a great multi-tasker and leader and has an infectiously positive presence to bring to this position.
Our Café is open Monday to Sunday from 08:30 until 15:00
Your tasks include:
· Handling all queries coming to Cafe: breakfast, coffees and lunch;
· Catering for retreat;
• Supervising a team of volunteers to help in the Café and kitchen;
• Open and close the café;
• Prepare breakfast;
• Create food preparation and kitchen staff preparation lists;
• Plan weekly volunteers’ rosters;
• Train staff (coffee, food prep, till systems);
• Present till box and report to accountant daily (this has changed as we are taking more in);
• Manage stock rotation, ordering and conversing with supplier when better/cheaper products are available;
• Manage cafe made community dinners Monday nights;
• Create Facebook posts;
• Cater for events;
• Write menu
• Perform till and software updates (adding new products etc);
• Drive and pick up supplies needed (bread, milk, till system paper etc);
• Update systems when necessary.
Your benefits include:
· Free yoga classes and discounted rate for paid classes.
· 25% discount for booking a retreat accommodation.
Valid NZ work visa required.
Come along to Mayfair Village at 1pm on Wednesday 2 October when Kerre McIvor will share her razor-sharp observations on life, love and growing older. Kerre’s talk will be followed by a Q+A and light refreshments.
This FREE community event is part of our new monthly Mayfair Village Speaker Series. We’d love to see you there, so join us at 14 Oteha Valley Road, Northcross. And bring a friend – all welcome!
For information or to RSVP, please call Rowena on 0800 774 635.
Candidates for the East Coast Bays Subdivision of the Hibiscus & Bays Local Board have been invited to Trinity-at-Waiake Methodist Church on Monday 23 September from 6.30pm.
They will speak for 5 minutes each from 7pm and, if time allows, will answer questions.
Please feel welcome to come along.
To quote the NZ Herald "How do you choose? Go to a candidates debate or
meeting. Nothing beats being able to size up the quality of a person and their views face to face."