Are you interested in making creative Christmas gifts rather than stressing and spending during the holiday season?
Come along to our FREE Xmas Gift Making Event! There will be a number of stalls available, simply pick an activity and learn a new upcycling skill.
We will be teaching people how to create beautiful arts and crafts that can be gifted to friends and family members or proudly displayed their homes. The discarded materials such as decking timber, glass jars, paper, wood, cd discs, and more, giving materials a second purpose.
Glen Eden Community House
- Sat 23 November, 9am - 12pm
- Sunday 1 December, 1:30pm - 4:30pm
Auckland Central City Library
- Sun 24 November, 10:30am - 12:30pm
- Saturday 7 December, 1pm - 4pm
Activities we are offering are:
- DIY Eco Pamper Packs (1 and 7 December only)
- Woodworking gift activities - The Tower of Hanoi, Bird Houses, Planter Boxes, The Fishing Game, Wooden Robots, and The Gravity Game
- Journal Making (23 and 24 November only)
- Sewing Station for stuffed toys, bags and other craft designs
- Zentangling jewellery, Xmas tree decor/ornaments, and cup coasters
*** Registrations are a must because each activity requires different parts and supplies ***
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register, let us know which gift-making activity (each person attending) will be interested in making (e.g. 2 bird houses and 1 xmas tree decor/ornaments)
For children, we recommend picking one activity and have them focus on making it nice and beautiful. For adults, you can pick two activities (or if you're a parent just come along and help your kids with their gift making!)
Find out more on Facebook
The Re-Creators Website
Hi Aucklanders, NZ Bus services have resumed, following six days of driver suspensions affecting approximately 70,000 trips daily. The suspensions came as bus drivers stopped accepting passenger fares, in a bid for better pay work hours. On Thursday, First Union and Tramways withdrew industrial action after Auckland Council got involved with concerns of the suspension's impact on the city's public transport. However, union members and NZ Bus are yet to come to an agreement.
Were you able to catch your normal bus this morning?
There are 12 days until Christmas!
The holiday period can be a difficult time for many. Tukua, meaning give, is one of the five actions you can take in daily life to help with wellbeing.
If you are finding this time of year difficult and need someone to talk to, phone or text 1737 for support from a trained counsellor.
Are you affected by any of these three recalls?
1. Harmony brand Free-Range Boneless Ham and Free-Range Champagne Ham has been recalled due to the possible presence of Listeria monocytogenes. Click here for more information and consumer advice.
2. Tegel brand Crumbed Chicken Burgers has been recalled as the product may contain foreign matter (small pieces of metal wire). Click here for more information and consumer advice.
3. Specific batches of its Countdown brand Trevally Fillets has been recalled as the product contains an elevated level of histamine. Click here for more information and consumer advice.