Hi Neighbours, motorists running through red traffic lights create some of the highest death and injury risks. Auckland Transport's roll-out of cameras is making a difference, but do you think penalties are tough enough ? Read the story below:
The latest edition of SuperSeniors is out now!
In this issue, we profile one of the unsung heroes of the Elder Abuse Response Service (EARS) and learn more about the help the service offers.
We also chat with Dr Doug Wilson, 2021 Senior New Zealander of the Year Te Mātāpuputu o te Tau, and Andrea Gaskin, Director and Founder of charity organisation Connect the Dots, about how she’s making the art scene in Auckland accessible to seniors.
There’s advice on how to eat healthy, how to get tech savvy, and updated laws for renters and landlords.
Check it out and be sure to share!: bit.ly...
Want to subscribe? You can do so here: bit.ly...
Kia ora neighbours, a planned mass vaccination event at a south Auckland events centre where officials wanted to dose at least 15,000 people over three days has been knocked back several weeks.
Would you be more likely to get the vaccine at an event like this compared to booking an appointment with your GP?
Feel free to comment below on your answer.
19.4% Yes I would be more likely19.4% Complete
64.4% No I'd rather see my GP64.4% Complete
16.2% I don't plan on getting vaccinated16.2% Complete
MODELS – BROW MICROBLADING & SHADING (PERMANENT MAKE UP)
We're ready for the next lot of models!
Sheila here from The Refinery – Mission Bay. I’m trying out different eyebrow hairstrokes and shading patterns (based on your natural brows) for our photo stocks.
So, if you or your friends are:
* 18-45 years old
* Male or Female
* No previous brow tattoo or microblading
* Not pregnant or breastfeeding
* Not undertaking Cancer treatment
* Do not take blood thinners
* Have normal skin type (not oily)
* Do not suffer from keloid scarring
* Available for 3.5-4 hrs from 10am (Tues, Wed & Thurs)
* Not allergic to local anaesthetics. Such as Lidocaine, Prilocaine, Tetrocaine, Benzocaine, Epinephrine
* No skin infections on the eyebrow region (sunburn, skin rash, dermatitis, herpes simplex)
* Alopecia sufferers welcome
*$100 fee to cover procedure materials only
Please get in touch via Facebook messenger with 3 images of your brows (L, R & Full Face).
For examples of previous work, check out our website: refinerynz.com...