Police say they have exhausted all leads for finding Eloi Rolland, 18, who has been missing from Auckland for almost four months.
The teen, who has limited English, has not been seen since he was captured on CCTV at the Britomart train station on March 7, where he caught a train to New Lynn's Fruitvale Rd station. It's understood he was in the vicinity of Piha Rd and Scenic Drive at 9.18am, but this is where the trail ends.
After more than 1600 hours searching for Rolland, police ended the physical search in May, pending reports of new information or evidence.
Rolland's sister, Aurore Rolland, told Stuff the family were "really sad" the search had been suspended.
"We [are at] the point where we are waiting for a miracle. We believe [he] is not dead in the sea at Piha Beach. Things need to be done, even if we have to search during our entire life."
Click "read more" for the full story.
Health Minister Chris Hipkins is telling Aucklanders to wear a face mask as the city heads into an alert level 3 lockdown today.
“My advice to everyone watching this is: ‘Wear one’,” Hipkins told Stuff.
He said the Government was still working on legal issues around making masks compulsory.
A legal order under the new Covid-19 legislation would be issued on Wednesday. This would give legal effect to the alert levels in Auckland and the rest of the country.
Click here to read more.
After 102 days without community transmission in New Zealand, there are now four new cases of Covid-19.
The source of the four new cases, which are based in south Auckland, has not yet been identified.
In an urgent press conference on Tuesday night, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern announced a three-day level 3 lockdown of the Auckland region, and urged anyone who is unwell to seek health advice and get a test. The rest of the country moves to level 2.
Click here to find out what we know so far about what the lockdown from midday today means for Auckland.