UPDATE: Asher has been adopted by a loving family and *she (turns out he was a girl!) will join 3 cats. She is making herself well at home and is getting desexed, vaccinated etc today! Thank you for everyone’s support!!
Meet Asher, a white male bunny we are currently fostering that’s about 6mths old. He has settled in over the past few days and is really friendly, curious and loves exploring - which is amazing considering he came from a pretty rough home beforehand. So we feel that he is now ready to find the most loving forever home that he deserves ❤️
A little bit about him:
- He loves being pet and will come onto your lap for food ☺️. But you need to patient and wait for him to trust you.
- He would do best in a home where he has the opportunity to run around outside his hutch for a good period of the day, since he is a curious and adventurous little guy. He is currently in our bathroom and loves the space.
- In his previous home, he grew up with another male bunny who sadly died last week because they were being kept outside in the freezing cold with inadequate housing. His ideal home will have another bunny or other small animal that he could be with all day and cuddle with. It was heartbreaking because apparently he was cuddling up with his dead friend when they were found the next morning. This is why he came into our temporary care.
- He should be kept inside at night for probably the coldest 5-6mths of the year. While rabbits have their fur for insulation, BUT they stand no chance if they get wet since they can’t insulate once they get wet. Even if he’s kept under a “covered” verandah or the like, the powerful wind-driven rain we get in Auckland will still make it’s way too cold for him if kept outside.
- While he would love to befriend a child, he would still like to be the ultimate responsibility of a loving and responsible adult. In his previous home he was a “gift” for a child, who then tired of him and his late friend. This was something that contributed to their atrociously poor care.
- He is very brave and the vacuum doesn’t phase him, although dogs barking will send him into hiding
- He is very interested in our cat and likes to try touching his nose to the cat's nose. He is very confident with our cat.
- He will do most of his business in a litter box, but has tiny accidents sometimes. But easily mitigated and rabbit doo doo is literally just digested grass/veges so not gross at all
- I haven’t trialed him outside yet, but I’ve been told that he doesn’t run away
He must be desexed and vaccinated by his new family. I will need proof of this. I've been told that Great South Vets is the most cost effective.
Thanks for reading to the end of this long post! He is truly such a sweetheart and we would love to keep him but we already have a cat and dog so we are just not the most ideal home for him.
If you’re interested in giving him a forever home, please get in touch and tell me a little bit about yourself. Then you can come meet him :). I would also like to see his new home before he moves in permanently.
If you’re NOT in the position to adopt him, he would love any donations of hay or any other rabbit products you no longer need - so they can accompany him to his forever home when the time comes!
“Parkable really has been a game-changer for me.” - Jon Kowski
By renting his single parking spot on Parkable, Jon makes an extra $2,500 each year. That means less stress about finances and a better lifestyle.
How much could you earn with Parkable? Find out by clicking through!
If you list your space by the 1st of November 2019, you'll go in the draw to win a $50 gift voucher.
Speed reductions on around 700 Auckland roads will be decided this afternoon.
Some of the dangerous roads considered for the reductions include Dairy Flat Highway, Whitford Rd, Hobson St and Karangahape Rd.
People are divided on whether reductions should be enforced. What are your thoughts?
Due to our business expansion, I am in need of more working hands to work on a casual basis.
If your time is flexible and can do up to 20 hours a week at a good rate then please text me. most of my work is during the morning hours. I can give a minimum of 4 hours at $20/hr.
021-57 57 79