On the fifth day of Auckland's level 3 lockdown, Director General of Health Dr Ashley Bloomfield has announced there are no new community cases of Covid-19, while there are six in MIQ.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
* There are no new cases in the community on Thursday for the fourth consecutive day.
* There are six border-related cases in MIQ on Thursday.
* Cold water has been poured on the prospect of Auckland leaving lockdown early by Associate Minister of Health Peeni Henare.
* Despite no new cases for three consecutive days, Auckland isn't "out of the woods".
* The Government won’t consider an alert level change until Cabinet meets on Friday.
* Mothers from two households connected to the latest cluster went for a walk. together during the level 3 lockdown in February.
* Auckland is in level 3 until at least this weekend. The rest of the country is at level 2.
www.stuff.co.nz... for more information.
Environmental activists recently protested outside Nelson City Council, calling for the council to stop using the weedkiller, glyphosate, which they said harms bees. Glyphosate (contained in 90 products in New Zealand, including Roundup) is used by farmers and ecologists alike, but some scientists in New Zealand say we don't know enough its long term effects on the environment, and it should classified as hazardous. What do you think?
Happy Mother's Day Weekend!