The Sunday Star-Times is looking to speak to a patient who has recently had some experience of the health system - either receiving treatment in a hospital or clinic or at an ED - and would be willing to talk about their experience, and how it could have been made better, either by shorter wait times, better communication or level of care. We'd need you to be happy to be identified and photographed (from a distance). If you think you can help, please email senior journalist Andrea Vance on email@example.com.
On Tuesday night, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern announced there were four new Covid-19 cases in the community.
Auckland moved into level 3 at midday on Wednesday, and the rest of the country into level 2.
Kiwis outside of Auckland can still continue to go to work and school, with physical distancing, and are advised to wear masks in public.
Businesses can open to the public if they are following public health guidance, which includes physical distancing and record keeping.
In terms of gatherings, New Zealanders must not travel to events with more than 100 people. This includes weddings, birthdays, funerals and tangihanga.
The Government advises all Kiwis to practise good hygiene and stay home if sick.
For more information on what the different alert levels mean for you, click here.
We will be closing our New Zealand care centres to all visitors from 10am on Wednesday August 12 following the re-emergence of COVID-19 in the community in Auckland, and Level 2 Alert level in the remainder of New Zealand.
All regions in New Zealand, except for the Auckland region, will move to Alert Level 2 at 12 noon on Wednesday 12 August 2020
• Keep your distance from other people in public.
• Wash your hands.
• Sneeze and cough into your elbow.
• Keep a track of where you’ve been and who you’ve seen
wear a mask if you can.
• If you’re sick, stay home. Don’t go to work or school. Don’t socialise.
• If you have symptoms of cold or flu call your doctor or Healthline and get advice about being tested.
• If you have been told to self-isolate you must do so immediately.
• All aged care facilities will close their doors to everyone but staff from noon today.
• For real time news updates visit Stuff