To ensure buyers and sellers have a good experience using Neighbourly Market, refer to the guidelines below.
Guidelines for sellers
- Do not use Neighbourly Market for promoting your business or an ongoing service you offer. This includes promoting network marketing brands and products, such as Tupperware, Scentsy and Avon. Please create a business profile for any messages with a commercial focus.
- Include good quality images
- Create a new listing for each item you are selling or giving away (unless you are selling or giving away your things as a bundle).
- Mark your item as sold by selecting a winner - this informs other members that your item is no longer available.
- Stay in contact with anyone interested in your items to ensure no one is left hanging.
- Avoid changing the price on your listing if members have already expressed their interest.
- Consider listing an unsold item as Free if you're keen to see it moved along.
Guidelines for buyers
- Do not onsell items you have purchased or claimed without expressly discussing this with the person passing them on.
- Avoid over-claiming free items - if you are not personally in need of a free item or have recently claimed one, please allow some time before claiming others. This ensures other members can also benefit from their neighbours' generosity.
- If you're on the hunt for several items (eg you are furnishing your house from scratch), post a message in the BUY category listing all items you're seeking.
- Stay in contact with the seller - stick to the arranged collection time, or let them know if your plans have changed.
- Avoid questioning the price a seller is asking for, unless they have listed their item as negotiable.
- Pay it forward: If you've scored a free item, consider listing something free yourself to keep the community spirit alive!
Remember to stay neighbourly while trading
- Keep your tone polite, friendly and respectful, even if the trade isn't going your way
- Assume good intentions in others
- Communicate thoroughly so expectations are clear. Good communication is key to great Neighbourly relationships!
- Respond to all interested buyers to keep them updated. Use the 'mark as sold' tool to notify everyone automatically when your item has sold.
- Be mindful that there may be several members interested in the same item. Remain patient if you do not hear from a buyer straight away
- Be upfront and honest about the quality of any item you're selling
- It's okay to change your mind, but always let your neighbour know
Neighbourly Market - Selling or giving away items
Neighbourly Market - What can I sell on Neighbourly?
Neighbourly Market - Buying or claiming Items